Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A right to kill? Read this and weep

For years pro-abortion campaigners pretended that what was growing inside a mother with an unwanted pregnancy was not a baby. They called it the products of conception, a blob of tissue, or a clump of cells.

With ultrasound technology more common now, they can't do that any more. Ultrasound pictures show clearly that it is a baby, and that the baby is alive.

So now pro-abortion advocates on both sides of the Atlantic are saying clearly that it is a baby - but that it's OK to abort the baby anyway.

One of the latest is Mary Elizabeth Williams. In a post (appropriately titled So what if abortion ends life?) on an American blog she writes:

Throughout my own pregnancies, I never wavered for a moment in the belief that I was carrying a human life inside of me. I believe that's what a fetus is: a human life. And that doesn't make me one iota less solidly pro-choice. . .

A fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides. She's the boss. Her life and what is right for her circumstances and her health should automatically trump the rights of the non-autonomous entity inside of her. Always. . . 

I would put the life of a mother over the life of a fetus every single time - even if I still need to acknowledge my conviction that the fetus is still a life. A life worth sacrificing.

So it is a baby, but it's all right to kill the baby if it doesn't suit your convenience.

It really is enough to make you weep.