Saturday, August 24, 2013

A day worth waiting for

I spent a recent afternoon sitting in beautiful sunshine at the edge of a lake in the midst of peaceful countryside, wondering why people would want to shoot one another and blow themselves up.

I had been reading in the book of Revelation how things end up; how, while evil is finally vanquished, the faithful are at the marriage of the Lamb, dressed in robes they don't deserve.

I reckon Paul had it right:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that day, and not only to me, but also to all who have loved his appearing.  2 Tim 4:7, 8.
There's a lot of pain in the world, and a lot more pain to come. But there's a day coming when Christ will appear. His reward is with Him.

If you're feeling discouraged, hold on. That's a day worth waiting for.

No comments: