Saturday, April 19, 2014

All the evidence you need

The most marvellous thing is not that the Son of God, having taken on human flesh as real as yours or mine, allowed Himself to be crucified, marvellous though that is.

The most marvellous thing is that He rose from the dead. The work of the crucifixion would not have been complete without the resurrection. He conquered death, not only for Himself, but for us. "Because I live, you will live also."

It is impossible to prove the resurrection scientifically. In a sense, it's impossible to prove the resurrection historically. There's faith involved. But it's not a blind leap of faith. You have all the evidence you need.

The empty tomb. Christ's many appearances to His disciples. The testimonies of countless people. The new life that you can experience now.

Do you believe that Christ rose physically from the dead? Have you examined the evidence?

When Jesus met with His disciples on the evening of Resurrection Day, Thomas wasn't there. The disciples told him that they had seen Jesus. Thomas said "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

A week later Jesus was again with His disciples, and Thomas was there. Jesus said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

Thomas didn't need further proof.

"My Lord and my God!" he said.

No comments: